Saturday 26 January 2013

New beginnings

First of all I'd like to introuce a new facebook page, here. Not completely sure if it'll work or if you have to be logged in yourself to see it, if so then please just search for 'a couple of crafters' next time you log in, and click like, if you like :)

Secondly I'm starting a new quilt. It's a bit of an open secret but I'm sure the recipients won't be looking here so should be safe to share!
 Firstly it has to be brown.
Hmm, not really my usual thing but I'll give it  a go.
I've got together a collection of browns and a cream, without putting any pink in! A bit of an achievement fo me but I don't think they'd appreciate it. Ok One of the fabrics has a few pink dots, but very muted, honestly!

The next thing is a pattern. Now I didn't want anything too complicated but I wanted it to be stunning so I thought about the filmstrip pattern I had found online and adapted slightly to make my sister's quilt.

 
Its simple to do and looks great, but I didn't really want to do the same thing again, so I did a search again for images of filmstrip quilts and found one entitled Cathy K's quilt. Its fab, go and have a search for it. I would've put a link but wasn't too sure of the legalities!
 
Anyway I used that as a base then spent a happy hour yesterday morning trying to come up with a pattern, and here it is.
 
 
Well part of it anyway. So far I've worked out I need 42x2" squares of each of the 7 brown fabrics I am using, and you don't want to know how many cream ones!! I'll let you know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment